Definition of disappointing:
distasteful, insufficient, bitter, unlooked for, depressing, inadequate, unsatisfying, limited, unlucky, vexing, dissatisfactory, frustrating, happy, sorry, unlucky, unexpected, failing, unpleasant, inferior, second-rate, falling short, short of expectations, ineffective, unsatisfactory, disagreeable, deplorable, unfulfilling, unhappy, mediocre, lame, uninteresting.
- disappointing (part of speech: verb)
- displeasing (part of speech: verb)
- "The House of a Thousand Candles", Meredith Nicholson.
- "The Victory At Sea", William Sowden Sims Burton J. Hendrick.
- "Grace Harlowe's Second Year at Overton College", Jessie Graham Flower.