Definition of disavow:
- confute (part of speech: verb)
- annul (part of speech: verb)
- deny (part of speech: verb)
- negate (part of speech: verb)
- renounce (part of speech: verb)
To announce an enormity against which the world protests, to disavow it with indignation, to swear by all the gods, to declare himself an honest man,- and then, at the moment when people are reassured, and laugh at the enormity in question, to execute it.- "Napoleon the Little", Victor Hugo.
- "The Expositor's Bible: Ephesians", G. G. Findlay.
- "Checkmate", Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.