Definition of disbelieving:
- disbelieving (part of speech: adjective)
- incredulous (part of speech: adjective)
- irreligious (part of speech: adjective)
- doubting (part of speech: verb)
I therefore burst, though awkwardly enough, into a laugh, and, affecting to treat the affair as a friendly trial of skill between the Abbe and myself, resheathed my sword and dismissed the intruders, who, evidently disbelieving my version of the story, retreated slowly, and exchanging looks.- "Devereux, Book I.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "There was a King in Egypt", Norma Lorimer.
- "The Bertrams", Anthony Trollope.