Definition of disburse:
- expend (part of speech: verb)
- pay (part of speech: verb)
- scatter (part of speech: verb)
give (part of speech: verb)
- "Maid Marian", Thomas Love Peacock.
- "Just Patty", Jean Webster.
It was proposed to establish subordinate boards in each of the States, under the same restrictions and limitations of the power of removal, which, with the central board, should receive, safely keep, and disburse the public moneys.- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.