Definition of discern:
- To make cognizance.
- To see and identify by noting a difference or differences; to note the distinctive character of; to discriminate; to distinguish.
- To see by the eye or by the understanding; to perceive and recognize; as, to discern a difference.
- To see or understand the difference; to make distinction; as, to discern between good and evil, truth and falsehood.
get by, identify, sleep together, come, have it away, discover, blob, espy, fill out, realize, detect, love, signalize, tell apart, eff, fare, distinguish, pick out, get it on, agnize, knowledge, blot, have intercourse, key, severalize, have sex, describe, bonk, severalise, be intimate, hump, mark, catch, deal, have a go at it, apprehend, judge, note, manage, make do, same, tell, choose, remark, jazz, get laid, spot, make out, take, ascertain, signalise, secernate, accredit, roll in the hay, bang, complete, screw, determine, have it off, write out, neck, key out, secern, acknowledge, get along, realise, recognise, notice, fleck, name, lie with, bed, select, contend, greet, issue, mind, sleep with, make love, do, agnise, find out, do it, descry, recognize, cope, cut, fill in, blemish, grapple.
- discriminate (part of speech: verb)
- see (part of speech: verb)
- know (part of speech: verb)
- "Simon Dale", Anthony Hope.
- "Poems & Ballads (First Series)", Algernon Charles Swinburne.
- "The Quest of the Sacred Slipper", Sax Rohmer.