Definition of discerning:
sharp, discreet, clear, subtile, acute, clear-eyed, worried, shrewd, keen, cunning, prescient, percipient, clear-sighted, value, circumspect, penetrating, subtle, penetrative, perceptive, tactful, perspicacious, crafty, astute, apprehensive.
- discreet (part of speech: adjective)
- discriminating (part of speech: verb)
- clairvoyant (part of speech: adjective)
fastidious (part of speech: adjective)
- seeing (part of speech: verb)
- knowing (part of speech: verb)
- "History Of Friedrich II. of Prussia, Vol. III. (of XXI.) Frederick The Great--The Hohenzollerns In Brandenburg--1412-1718", Thomas Carlyle.
- "Frank H. Nelson of Cincinnati", Warren C. Herrick.
- "The Enchanted Canyon", Honoré Willsie Morrow.