Definition of disciplinarian:
- A Puritan or Presbyterian; - because of rigid adherence to religious or church discipline.
- One who disciplines; one who excels in training, especially with training, especially with regard to order and obedience; one who enforces rigid discipline; a stickler for the observance of rules and methods of training; as, he is a better disciplinarian than scholar.
- Pertaining to discipline.
moralist, stickler, dictator, taskmaster, tyrant, martinet, advocate of strict discipline, hard master, slave driver, teacher, formalist, drill sergeant, sergeant, bully, despot, enforcer of discipline.
- "That Little Girl of Miss Eliza?s", Jean K. Baird.
- "Shirley", Charlotte Brontë.
- "The Children of Wilton Chase", Mrs. L. T. Meade.