Definition of disclaim:
- To deny, as a claim; to refuse.
- To disavow or renounce all part, claim, or share.
- To relinquish or deny having a claim; to disavow another's claim; to decline accepting, as an estate, interest, or office.
- To renounce all claim to deny; ownership of, or responsibility for; to disown; to disavow; to reject.
- negate (part of speech: verb)
reject (part of speech: verb)
- annul (part of speech: verb)
- relinquish (part of speech: verb)
- rid (part of speech: verb)
- resign (part of speech: verb)
He was a very simple man whose pride was wholly unconscious, who did not believe himself destined to do anything remarkable, who regarded his own personality as rather uninteresting and who, had he been asked about himself, would have been the first to disclaim any sentiments of the heroic kind.- "A Tale of a Lonely Parish", F. Marion Crawford.
- "The Gamester (1753)", Edward Moore Commentator: Charles H. Peake Phillip R. Wikelund.
Whatever private impulses Miss Chapman may have felt, she saw by the bookseller's downcast face that a visit to Tarzan would break his heart, and she was prompt to disclaim any taste for the screen classic.- "The Haunted Bookshop", Christopher Morley.