Definition of discriminating:
neat, knowing, incisive, appreciative, crafty, lancinate, subtle, nifty, groovy, lancinating, astute, good, precipitous, sharp, penetrating, nice, discriminative, subtile, sagacious, abrupt, tart, great, knifelike, piercing, bang-up, diacritic, bully, shrewd, selective, eclectic, exquisite, discriminate, diacritical, intense, not bad, penetrative, cutting, stabbing, shrill, perceptive, distinctive, acuate, clear-sighted, keen, peachy, cunning, select, smashing, slap-up, crisp, dandy, discriminatory, acute, cracking, swell, value, sharp-worded, needlelike, corking.
- special (part of speech: adjective)
- distinguishing (part of speech: verb)
- specializing (part of speech: verb)
- tasteful (part of speech: adjective)
- discriminating (part of speech: verb)
fastidious (part of speech: adjective)
- discreet (part of speech: adjective)
- "Jan and Her Job", L. Allen Harker.
He undertakes as his duty in life to seek out and to minister to others the means of self- improvement, discriminating the evil and the specious from the good and the genuine, rendering the former contemptible and the latter attractive.- "Selections from the Prose Works of Matthew Arnold", Matthew Arnold.
- "Frank H. Nelson of Cincinnati", Warren C. Herrick.