Definition of discuss:
- To break to pieces; to shatter.
- To break up; to disperse; to scatter; to dissipate; to drive away; - said especially of tumors.
- To deal with, in eating or drinking.
- To examine in detail or by disputation; to reason upon by presenting favorable and adverse considerations; to debate; to sift; to investigate; to ventilate.
- To examine or search thoroughly; to exhaust a remedy against, as against a principal debtor before proceeding against the surety.
- To shake; to put away; to finish.
confer, handle, talk of, plead, exchange observations, telephone about, go into a huddle, bandy words, contest, moot, rap, talk over, deliberate, comment upon, consider, confab, reason, exchange views, have it out, knock around, confabulate, present, ventilate, examine, speak on, discourse, put heads together, chew the fat, compare notes, toss around, have a talk with, hold forth, dispute, establish, words, wrangle, commune, bat around, kick around, have a word with, write about, kick around, address, take into consideration, explain, hash over, jaw, dissertate, go into a huddle, chew the rag, moot, demonstrate, altercate, reason with, talk out, talk with, take under advisement, go into, contend, take up, thrash out, deal with, toss around, treat, discourse on, think over, talk about, present varied opinions, review, look over, have a bull session, take up in conference, prove, rap, speak of, ratiocinate, canvass, air, controvert, hash out, question, have a conference on, engage in conversation, advise with, examine by argument, argue for and against.
- "Hilda Wade A Woman With Tenacity Of Purpose", Grant Allen.
- "Paul Patoff", F. Marion Crawford.
- "Half a Dozen Girls", Anna Chapin Ray.