Definition of disk :
1. A circular structure either in plants or animals; as, a blood disk; germinal disk, etc.
2. A discus; a quoit.
3. A flat, circular plate; as, a disk of metal or paper.
4. A part of the receptacle enlarged or expanded under, or around, or even on top of, the pistil.
5. In owls, the space around the eyes.
6. The anterior surface or oral area of coelenterate animals, as of sea anemones.
7. The central part of a radiate compound flower, as in sunflower.
8. The circular figure of a celestial body, as seen projected of the heavens.
9. The lower side of the body of some invertebrates, especially when used for locomotion, when it is often called a creeping disk.
10. The whole surface of a leaf.
floppy, criminal record, plate, circle, compact disc, circuit, phonograph recording, magnetic disc, geometry, book, ring, dish, CD, band, dish antenna, gyre, record book, quoit, record, discus, wheel, dish aerial, phonograph record, discoid, orb, flan, floppy disk, discoidal object, saucer, diskette, magnetic disk, track record, disc, platter, harrow, hard disk
- And after midnight when the moon sails its silver disk high overhead and toward the west, then the corn fairies sit sewing with their big toes pointed nearly straight up. - "Rootabaga Stories", Carl Sandburg.
- Go through this process with each disk. - "Little Folks' Handy Book", Lina Beard Adelia B. Beard.
- Likewise, after fall plowing, the land must be well stirred in the early spring with the disk harrow or a similar implement, to enable the spring rains to enter the soil easily and to prevent the evaporation of the water already stored. - "Dry-Farming", John A. Widtsoe.