Definition of dislodge:
- Dwelling apart; separation.
- To drive from a lodge or place of rest; to remove from a place of quiet or repose; as, shells resting in the sea at a considerate depth are not dislodged by storms.
- To drive out from a place of hiding or defense; as, to dislodge a deer, or an enemy.
- To go from a place of rest.
knock loose, evict, break, lurch, resign, agitate, knock, unloosen, free, take, budge, encounter, unfreeze, chase, boycott, expel, weed out, extract, relieve, clear, remove, ban, chance, banish, pitch, unloose, blacklist, get out, oust, discharge, release, change, eject, reposition, transfer, liberate, disembarrass, flush out, bump, exempt, kick downstairs, relinquish, unblock, change over, demonstrate, uproot, justify, destabilize, take off, careen, happen, wobble, drive out, give up, relegate, sweep away, tilt, find, displace, demote, absolve, rid, ostracize, foment, bring down, defect, shift, loose, expatriate, stir, dismiss, switch.
I cannot tell how it happens; nobody likes society better when in it, or is more delighted to see her friends; but it is almost as easy to pull a tree of my age and size up by the roots, as it is to dislodge me in summer from my flowery garden, or in the winter from my sunny parlour, for the purpose of accepting a dinner invitation, or making a morning call.- "The London Visitor", Mary Russell Mitford.
- "Out of the Triangle", Mary E. Bamford.
- "The Red-Blooded Heroes of the Frontier", Edgar Beecher Bronson.