Definition of dismount:
- To alight from a horse; to descend or get off, as a rider from his beast; as, the troops dismounted.
- To come down; to descend.
- To take down, or apart, as a machine.
- To throw or bring down from an elevation, place of honor and authority, or the like.
- To throw or remove from a horse; to unhorse; as, the soldier dismounted his adversary.
- To throw or remove from the carriage, or from that on which a thing is mounted; to break the carriage or wheels of, and render useless; to deprive of equipments or mountings; - said esp. of artillery.
get out, descend, commence, light up, begin, demoralize, dispirit, lower, dismantle, swallow, illume, send off, perch, set down, set about, fire up, dismay, ignite, bring down, write down, get down, get off, break down, depress, start out, get, deject, alight, disassemble, start, illuminate, put down, unhorse, light, take down, set out, let down, demoralise, send, turn on, trip, get away, escape, cast down, fall, trip out, assemble, get by, hop out, illumine, mail.
- "On the Banks of the Amazon", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The White Knight: Tirant lo Blanc", Joanot Martorell and Marti Johan d'Galba.
- "Sundown Slim", Henry Hubert Knibbs.