Definition of dispose:
- Cast of mind; disposition; inclination; behavior; demeanor.
- Disposal; ordering; management; power or right of control.
- To bargain; to make terms.
- To deal out; to assign to a use; to bestow for an object or purpose; to apply; to employ; to dispose of.
- To distribute and put in place; to arrange; to set in order; as, to dispose the ships in the form of a crescent.
- To exercise finally one's power of control over; to pass over into the control of some one else, as by selling; to alienate; to part with; to relinquish; to get rid of; as, to dispose of a house; to dispose of one's time.
- To give a tendency or inclination to; to adapt; to cause to turn; especially, to incline the mind of; to give a bent or propension to; to incline; to make inclined; - usually followed by to, sometimes by for before the indirect object.
- To regulate; to adjust; to settle; to determine.
lean, banish, put away, cast out, tuck in, jactitate, characterise, impel, stipulate, expel, thresh, put to sleep, shut away, persuade, sway, like, condition, chuck out, immure, actuate, place, draw, drum out, throw out, cast, excite, measure up, characterize, turn out, incite, lock, lock in, range, qualify, put aside, modify, cast aside, shake off, shut up, thrash about, fling, eject, tuck away, incarcerate, sort, convulse, jug, sky, move, discard, kick out, throw away, splurge, toss away, throw off, lock away, stir, flip, compel, put behind bars, drive, boot out, imprison, settle, exclude, blackball, be given, shun, throw, ostracize, marshal, run, gaol, arrange, incline, ban, affect, organize, toss, array, toss out, thrash, slope, induce, order, prompt, motivate, restrict, lead, cast off, distribute, oust, lag, deploy, influence, thresh about, specify, instigate, pitch, advance, systematize, remand, jail, cast away, tend, lock up, chuck, predispose, urge, ostracise, turf out, slash.
- "Hero-Myths & Legends of the British Race", Maud Isabel Ebbutt.
- "The Roman Question", Edmond About.
- "Orley Farm", Anthony Trollope.