Definition of disprove:
cut the ground from under, find unfounded, overthrow, set aside, tear down, point out the weakness of, controvert, find fault in, weaken, repel, discredit, poke holes in, throw out, blow up, puncture, affirm, confute, confound, expose.
- confute (part of speech: verb)
- negate (part of speech: verb)
- disprove (part of speech: verb)
- "Heart and Soul", Victor Mapes (AKA Maveric Post).
- "Memoir of John Lothrop Motley, Complete", Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. Last Updated: February 6, 2009.
- "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.