Definition of dissipated:
spendthrift, wicked, luxuriant, depraved, profligate, debauched, for fun, sporting, perverse, gay, fast, jackleg, extravagance, libertine, warped, indulgent, ungoverned, loose, overindulge, restraint, demoralized, tumultuous, debased, indulgence, lush, uncontrolled, quick, troubled, truehearted, fun-loving, unwholesome, turbulent, degenerate, disruptive, unclean, devalued, unconstrained, rakish, prodigal, degraded, wanton, wild, licentious, immoral, dissolute, unbridled, rakehell, abandoned, sick, perverted, card-playing, firm, flying, incontinent, epicurean, profuse, riotous, uninhibited, decadent, unrestrained, weakness, reprobate, betting, clean, extravagant, sportsmanlike, self-indulgence, sybaritic, sporty, loyal, gambling, decadence, exuberant, immobile.
- dispersed (part of speech: verb)
- enervated (part of speech: verb)
- consumed (part of speech: verb)
- intemperate (part of speech: adjective)
- wasted (part of speech: adjective)
- lost (part of speech: verb)
Whatever doubt there may have been on board the brig as to the propriety of pursuing the schooner was dissipated by its sudden change of course; and, still distant though she was, a keen eye could make out that they were hoisting additional sails and making every effort to overtake the schooner.- "The Wreckers of Sable Island", J. Macdonald Oxley.
- "Around the World with Josiah Allen's Wife", Marietta Holley.
- "Molly Bawn", Margaret Wolfe Hamilton.