Definition of distribution:
- A resolving a whole into its parts.
- Separation into parts or classes; arrangement of anything into parts; disposition; classification.
- That which is distributed.
- The act of distributing or dispensing; the act of dividing or apportioning among several or many; apportionment; as, the distribution of an estate among heirs or children.
- The sorting of types and placing them in their proper boxes in the cases.
- The steps or operations by which steam is supplied to and withdrawn from the cylinder at each stroke of the piston; viz., admission, suppression or cutting off, release or exhaust, and compression of exhaust steam prior to the next admission.
partition, statistical distribution, sequence, allowance, disposal, deal, shipping, spread, dissemination, placement, retention, formation, saturation, grouping, division, confusion, sharing, disposition, delivery, puzzle, number, dispensation, collection, appearance, configuration, organization, circulation, deployment, tangle, lineup, allocation, occurrence, spreading, collect, categorization, order, layout, allotment, frequency, dispersion, pattern, administration, assignment, population, admeasurement, combination, arrangement, ordering, dissipation, classification, concentration, apportionment, plenty.
- "The War of Independence", John Fiske.
Co- operation has been brought into practice in relation to distribution with considerable success, but co- operation, as a means of production, has not achieved anything like the success that was anticipated.- "In-Darkest-England-and-the-Way-Out", Booth, William.
- "The Child Under Eight", E.R. Murray and Henrietta Brown Smith.