Definition of distributive :
1. A distributive adjective or pronoun; also, a distributive numeral.
2. Assigning the species of a general term.
3. Expressing separation; denoting a taking singly, not collectively; as, a distributive adjective or pronoun, such as each, either, every; a distributive numeral, as ( Latin) bini ( two by two).
4. Tending to disperse.
5. Tending to distribute; serving to divide and assign in portions; dealing to each his proper share.
diffusive, decentralizing, scattering, permeative, permeating, allocatable, disseminating, allocable, diffusing, dispersive, spreading, permeant, disseminative, apportionable, suffusive, pervasive, separative, decentralising
- We will endeavor to establish a distributive justice, which will console our unhappy race; and we shall be raised above the foxes and polecats, to whom this babbler would compare us." - "A Philosophical Dictionary, Volume 7 (of 10) From "The Works of Voltaire - A Contemporary Version"", François-Marie Arouet (AKA Voltaire) Commentator: John Morley Tobias Smollett H.G. Leigh.
- Therefore for all persons to say the same thing was their own, using the word all in its distributive sense, would be well, but is impossible: in its collective sense it would by no means contribute to the concord of the state. - "Politics A Treatise on Government", Aristotle.
- 242. " A distributive adjective, denotes each one of a number considered separately." - "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.