Definition of distributive:
- A distributive adjective or pronoun; also, a distributive numeral.
- Assigning the species of a general term.
- Expressing separation; denoting a taking singly, not collectively; as, a distributive adjective or pronoun, such as each, either, every; a distributive numeral, as ( Latin) bini ( two by two).
- Tending to disperse.
- Tending to distribute; serving to divide and assign in portions; dealing to each his proper share.
diffusive, decentralizing, scattering, permeative, permeating, allocatable, disseminating, allocable, diffusing, dispersive, spreading, permeant, disseminative, apportionable, suffusive, pervasive, separative, decentralising.
- "A Philosophical Dictionary, Volume 7 (of 10) From "The Works of Voltaire - A Contemporary Version"", François-Marie Arouet (AKA Voltaire) Commentator: John Morley Tobias Smollett H.G. Leigh.
Therefore for all persons to say the same thing was their own, using the word all in its distributive sense, would be well, but is impossible: in its collective sense it would by no means contribute to the concord of the state.- "Politics A Treatise on Government", Aristotle.
- "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.