Definition of disturbance:
- An interruption of a state of peace or quiet; derangement of the regular course of things; disquiet; disorder; as, a disturbance of religious exercises; a disturbance of the galvanic current.
- Confusion of the mind; agitation of the feelings; perplexity; uneasiness.
- The hindering or disquieting of a person in the lawful and peaceable enjoyment of his right; the interruption of a right; as, the disturbance of a franchise, of common, of ways, and the like.
- Violent agitation in the body politic; public commotion; tumult.
pother, helter-skelter, locomotion, unbalance, dislocation, ferment, change, aberration, quake, choker, preventative, hurry-scurry, row, hubbub, moil, affray, psychopathy, problem, hubble-bubble, uneasiness, restlessness, preventive, displacement, transfer, to-do, worry, eruption, psychological disorder, order, mover, rampage, ruff, lunacy, bustle, mental disturbance, zoo, misgiving, foofaraw, stochasticity, interference, mental disorder, infection, ailment, squall, movement, ado, rumpus, preoccupation, violence, botheration, craziness, confusion, altercation, splore, haze, tempest, anguish, teasing, solicitude, explosion, alienation, ruction, din, whirl, fracas, shindy, swage, pandemonium, folie, foreboding, bluster, dissonance, diversionary, anxiety, gap, tumult, off-putting, mania, overturn, stir, trials and tribulations, do, epidemic, frill, fuss, brawl, hurly, commotion, alarums and excursions, earthquake, flood, flounce, bothering, nuisance, clutter, tornado, apprehension, interruption, haphazardness, harrying, fear, blather, flicker, kerfuffle, fray, brainsickness, shock, gale, furore, riot, diversion, insanity, hurly-burly, quarrel, flurry, flight, upset, hurricane, avalanche, incumbrance, fretting, fun, perturbation, whirlwind, clamor, perplexity, fluttering, furor, illness, upheaval, racket, flap, difficulty, bedlam, contagion, shift, dread, distracting, distraction, turbulence, irregularity, hoopla, welter, blowing, waver, sane, unruliness, tremor, stew, furbelow, flutter, flapping, mental illness, concern, action, care, condition, ruffle, ruckus, disruption, move, transit, sickness, pestering, motion, calm, turnover, hardship, baggage, spasm, neck ruff, distress, importunity, whirlpool, intervention, noise, issue, bobbery, overthrow, disease, corroboree, unsettling, insaneness, clatter, storm, hullabaloo, hinderance, rearrangement, encumbrance, complaint, randomness, dementia, revolution, hurry, break, fluster, fight, hoo-ha, madness, burden, ballyhoo, hoo-hah, williwaw, fretfulness, derangement, hitch, hindrance, bugging, turmoil, coil, uproar.
- aggravation (part of speech: noun)
- agitation (part of speech: noun)
- "Paul Patoff", F. Marion Crawford.
- "Tess of the d'Urbervilles A Pure Woman", Thomas Hardy.
- "The Boy Scout Aviators", George Durston.