Definition of dive:
- A place of low resort.
- A plunge headforemost into water, the act of one who dives, literally or figuratively.
- Fig.: To plunge or to go deeply into any subject, question, business, etc.; to penetrate; to explore.
- of Diva
- To explore by diving; to plunge into.
- To plunge ( a person or thing) into water; to dip; to duck.
- To plunge into water head foremost; to thrust the body under, or deeply into, water or other fluid.
clop, rush, be quick on your feet, pluck, nightclub, alehouse, start, engross, nose dive, decompression, jackknife, collapse, dunk, backstroke, hole, the house, come down, plank, immerse, down, deny, charge, honky-tonk, plump, blank, reduction, cut, bathing, club, slip, cabaret, nosedive, honkytonk, decline, casino, jerk, flick, call, wade in, belly flop, breaststroke, diving, hurdle, chop down, dart, corner, flutter, bistro, plop, soak up, cross, joint, vault, hangout, lower, bobble, come on, speed, dip, plunk down, tumble, plunk, steep, pub, flump, souse, go down, bar, douse, backhand, lunge, the butterfly, clump, dwindle, shrinkage, twitch, launch, hop, beer garden, blast, cover, dribble, surge, slump, tavern, delivery, block, restaurant, diving event, chip, lose your balance/footing, absorb, sink, crater, crawl, decrease, shrink, plump down, pick, hasten, inn, cutback, hotel, spring, engulf, gallop, race, cannonball, plunge, ball, come off, increase, bathe, enter, saloon, catch, skip, header, cocktail lounge, plonk, dump, bound, descend, leap, fly, clunk, jump, motel, outpace, diner, skid, diminish.
She kneeled down, after a careful scrutiny of the polished surface of the mahogany, pulled out a drawer filled to brimming over with linen of various kinds and uses, and began to dive among these with careful housewifely hands to discover their tale.- "The Necromancers", Robert Hugh Benson.
- "Pee-wee Harris", Percy Keese Fitzhugh.
- "The Boy Allies Under the Sea", Robert L. Drake.