Definition of divergence:
going away, dissonance, division, diversion, excursion, deviation, approach, divagation, release, leaving, remainder, aside, schism, excursus, ramification, expiration, variableness, dissension, parenthesis, divergency, loss, variance, difference of opinion, discrepance, departure, variability, exit, deflexion, deviance, variant, dispute, contrariety, tangent, discrimination, assemble, correct, same, discrepancy, passing, disagreement, disunion, going, irrelevancy, deflexion, difference.
difference (part of speech: noun)
- deflection (part of speech: noun)
unconformity (part of speech: noun)
- dissimilarity (part of speech: noun)
- non-uniformity (part of speech: noun)
- divergence (part of speech: noun)
- detour (part of speech: noun)
- looseness (part of speech: noun)
- dispersion (part of speech: noun)
- variation (part of speech: noun)
The physiological sketch given by Statius in the twenty- fifth canto, introduced to account for the spiritual body, is in logical order an introduction to DanteÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ s ethics and psychology; and is remarkable both in its agreement with Aristotle and its divergence from him.- "Dante: His Times and His Work", Arthur John Butler.
- "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War", G. F. R. Henderson.
- "Eve and David", Honore de Balzac.