Definition of dividend:
- A number or quantity which is to be divided.
- A sum of money to be divided and distributed; the share of a sum divided that falls to each individual; a distribute sum, share, or percentage; -- applied to the profits as appropriated among shareholders, and to assets as apportioned among creditors; as, the dividend of a bank, a railway corporation, or a bankrupt estate.
check, throw-in, lagniappe, study at premium, perquisite, gross margin, gravy, divvy, proceeds, rake-off, payout, yield, coupon, computation, distribution, gross profit, gratuity, extra, tip, return on investment, returns, bonus, profit margin, common multiple, operating profit, constant, Arabic numeral, arithmetic progression, base, perk, pay, common factor, remittance, payback, donative, gravy train, bottom line, cumshaw.
mathematics (part of speech: noun)
- cube root,
- differential calculus,
- square root,
- receipt (part of speech: noun)
- portion (part of speech: noun)
- "The War After the War", Isaac Frederick Marcosson.
- "The Last Shot", Frederick Palmer.
- "A Country Doctor and Selected Stories and Sketches", Sarah Orne Jewett.