Definition of divine:
- A minister of the gospel; a priest; a clergyman.
- Appropriated to God, or celebrating his praise; religious; pious; holy; as, divine service; divine songs; divine worship.
- Godlike; heavenly; excellent in the highest degree; supremely admirable; apparently above what is human. In this application, the word admits of comparison; as, the divinest mind. Sir J. Davies.
- Of or belonging to God; as, divine perfections; the divine will.
- One skilled in divinity; a theologian.
- Pertaining to, or proceeding from, a deity; partaking of the nature of a god or the gods.
- Presageful; foreboding; prescient.
- Proceeding from God; as, divine judgments.
- Relating to divinity or theology.
- To conjecture or guess; as, to divine rightly.
- To foresee or foreknow; to detect; to anticipate; to conjecture.
- To foretell; to predict; to presage.
- To have or feel a presage or foreboding.
- To render divine; to deify.
- To use or practice divination; to foretell by divination; to utter prognostications.
beatific, clergyman, overlord, eternal, Almighty, deific, omniscient, ordained, neat, devotional, sacred, betoken, foretell, ecclesiastic, sanctified, god almighty, good, worshipful, spiritual, ripping, immaculate, paradisaic, ambrosial, paradisal, manufacturer, fantastical, forebode, paradisiac, supernatural, minister, prognosticate, perfect, sacrificial, providential, solemn, keen, transcendent, dedicated, great, elysian, presage, heavenly, sacramental, consecrated, inspired, prophesy, glorious, predict, holy, heaven-sent, venerable, paradisiacal, fabulous, portend, cool, nifty, devoted, shaper, superhuman, fervid, bode, dreamy, blessed, groovy, manufacturing business, Arcadian, creator, reverend, religious, ghostly, faithful, hallowed, sensational, superphysical, super, ministerial, prayerful, sacrosanct, clergywoman, ceremonial, clerical, cleric, clerk, parson, nobleman, splendid, master, godly, Lord, hot, augur, devilish, scriptural, godlike, preacher, miraculous, profane, sanctioned, secular, tremendous, marvelous, reverent, terrific, supreme, wonderful, godhead, unearthly, churchman, paradisaical, pious, Jehovah, religion, maker, ritualistic, fantastic, mystical, extramundane, churchwoman, human, omnipotent, omnipresent, noble, dandy, superb, set apart, swell.
- "Minnie's Sacrifice", Frances Ellen Watkins Harper.
- "Dear Brutus", J. M. Barrie.
- "The Life Everlasting: A Reality of Romance", Marie Corelli.