Definition of dock:
- A case of leather to cover the clipped or cut tail of a horse.
- A genus of plants ( Rumex), some species of which are well- known weeds which have a long taproot and are difficult of extermination.
- An artificial basin or an inclosure in connection with a harbor or river, - used for the reception of vessels, and provided with gates for keeping in or shutting out the tide.
- The place in court where a criminal or accused person stands.
- The slip or water way extending between two piers or projecting wharves, for the reception of ships; - sometimes including the piers themselves; as, to be down on the dock.
- The solid part of an animal's tail, as distinguished from the hair; the stump of a tail; the part of a tail left after clipping or cutting.
- To cut off a part from; to shorten; to deduct from; to subject to a deduction; as, to dock one's wages.
- to cut off, as the end of a thing; to curtail; to cut short; to clip; as, to dock the tail of a horse.
- To cut off, bar, or destroy; as, to dock an entail.
- To draw, law, or place ( a ship) in a dock, for repairing, cleaning the bottom, etc.
sorrel, witness box, carrier, roselle, come about, capsule, vet, Cape Canaveral, cork, red sorrel, bobsled, oxalis, fix, mete out, bill of lading, chase after, blast off, bob, founder, rozelle, harbor, tying up, bobsleigh, take the law into your own hands, discipline, berth, heel, Apollo, wharf, ground, witness stand, aerospace, sex, penalize, hand down, astronaut, vaccinate, hydroplane, chase, communications satellite, waterfront, administer, trail, embankment, make an example of someone, give chase, cargo, the N.S.P.C.A., wharfage, booster, teach someone a lesson, dry dock, castrate, quayage, wood sorrel, shilling, the ASPCA, harbour, tail, moorage, jetty, go after, track, levee, pier, carriage, dockyard, bench, quai, heave to, chancery, dockage, deal out, sour grass, basin, stand, docking, spay, capsize, bill of entry, float, common sorrel, anchorage, cast off, curtsy, the dock, punish, go about, bullpen, tag, bobfloat, quay, bobtail, landing, chambers, neuter, loading dock, slip, cosmonaut, delivery, docking facility, lock, dog, docking fee, freight, consignment, bobber, jury box.
- "Sixty Years of California Song", Margaret Blake-Alverson.
- "Curlie Carson Listens In", Roy J. Snell.
- "The Amulet", Hendrik Conscience.