Definition of doctor:
- A teacher; one skilled in a profession, or branch of knowledge learned man.
- An academical title, originally meaning a men so well versed in his department as to be qualified to teach it. Hence: One who has taken the highest degree conferred by a university or college, or has received a diploma of the highest degree; as, a doctor of divinity, of law, of medicine, of music, or of philosophy. Such diplomas may confer an honorary title only.
- One duly licensed to practice medicine; a member of the medical profession; a physician.
- The friar skate.
- To confer a doctorate upon; to make a doctor.
- To practice physic.
- To tamper with and arrange for one's own purposes; to falsify; to adulterate; as, to doctor election returns; to doctor whisky.
- To treat as a physician does; to apply remedies to; to repair; as, to doctor a sick man or a broken cart.
recreate, define, associate degree, bear upon, get, compensate, restore, chiropractor, falsify, set up, reestablish, change, atomic number 101, ready, analyst, pay back, remediate, fabricate, pay off, recompense, reinstate, 2.2, transform, impact, butcher, desex, fasten, twist around, commit, beat, bone, cure, regenerate, posit, quicken, remedy, coroner, degree, sophisticate, A.A., certify, carve, medical student, clean, refer, reverse, mend, come to, alter, Md, desexualize, furbish up, cardiologist, make, bear on, bushel, prepare, twist, vivify, revivify, surgeon, medico, chill, Associate of Arts, bachelor's degree, pertain, pervert, associate, animate, medicine, situate, butchery, resort, fictionalize, revamp, specify, B.A., diagnose, blanch, sterilize, scientist, specialist, true, right, convolute, croaker, overhaul, baccalaureate, limit, bedside manner, fix, desexualise, turn into, amend, secure, health, reconstruct, advanced degree, touch, concern, repair, examine, revise, gear up, relate, revive, medic, resident, mendelevium, cook, make into, indemnify, patch, treat, anesthetist, clinician, rectify, load, restitute, fake, dentist, Dr., dermatologist, doctor up, convert, anesthesiologist, bake, heal, butter, have-to doe with, fix up, touch on, admit, deposit, renovate, 2.1, blend, fixate, quack, sterilise, reanimate, vet, rejuvenate, caseload, affect, anaesthetist, intern, determine, modify, set, sawbones, doc, help, doctor of the church, confine, vary, veterinarian, unsex, physician, fictionize.
- contaminate (part of speech: verb)
- scholar (part of speech: noun)
- sage (part of speech: noun)