Definition of document :
1. An example for instruction or warning.
2. An original or official paper relied upon as the basis, proof, or support of anything else; -- in its most extended sense, including any writing, book, or other instrument conveying information in the case; any material substance on which the thoughts of men are represented by any species of conventional mark or symbol.
3. That which is taught or authoritatively set forth; precept; instruction; dogma.
4. To furnish with documents or papers necessary to establish facts or give information; as, a a ship should be documented according to the directions of law.
5. To teach; to school.
text, text file, batch file, catalogue, cookie, memorandum, certificate, dossier, bitmap, debunk, archive, charter, set down, concept statement, transcribe, put pen to paper, inscription, commit something to paper/writing, enrolment, instrument, enumeration, consent form, history, confidentiality agreement, papers, report, memorial, configuration file, backup, repudiate, copy down, checksum, muniment, disprove, refute, annual report, blank, scroll, blue book, company report, explode, certification, access profile, bitstream, paper, write, dispute, deflate, get down, compose, official paper, roll, confound, ASCII file, disabuse, entry, written document, discredit
evince (part of speech: verb)
betoken, establish, determine, exemplify, demonstrate, state, corroborate, exhibit, evince, manifest, support, connote, vouch, prove, adduce, indicate, certify, witness, observe, confirm, avouch, attest, substantiate, testify, illustrate, validate, declare, authenticate, depose
list (part of speech: verb)
budget, detail, count, journalize, catalog, audit, index, total, list, invoice, note, tabulate, collect, inventory, check, digest, score, itemize, schedule, chronicle, recount, account, log, register, summarize, tally, table, book, record, store, enumerate, file
- This document was not waited for long. - "Marie Antoinette And Her Son", Louise Muhlbach Official.
- A document is now drawn up describing the search: one of the armed officials has the writing materials, and the other the form to be filled in. - "Timar's Two Worlds", MÃ³r JÃ³kai.
- " This is not quite correct, however," he added, glancing over the document. - "Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes", Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.