Definition of dog :
1. A fellow; - used humorously or contemptuously; as, a sly dog; a lazy dog.
2. A grappling iron, with a claw or claws, for fastening into wood or other heavy articles, for the purpose of raising or moving them.
3. A mean, worthless fellow; a wretch.
4. A piece in machinery acting as a catch or clutch; especially, the carrier of a lathe, also, an adjustable stop to change motion, as in a machine tool.
5. A quadruped of the genus Canis, esp. the domestic dog ( C. familiaris).
6. An iron for holding wood in a fireplace; a firedog; an andiron.
7. An iron with fangs fastening a log in a saw pit, or on the carriage of a sawmill.
8. One of the two constellations, Canis Major and Canis Minor, or the Greater and the Lesser Dog. Canis Major contains the Star ( Sirius).
9. To hunt or track like a hound; to follow insidiously or indefatigably; to chase with a dog or dogs; to worry, as if by dogs; to hound with importunity.
slob, breast, remonstrate, mixture, sleazebag, beast, crap, nerd, product, clown, hotdog, blame, get over, bitch, rascal, stinker, burden, reproach, computer-aided design, quest after, andiron, chase after, dog-iron, informant, fink, shit, sneak, bleeder, tag, label, so-and-so, varmint, canine, man's best friend, public enemy number one, heel, bounder, click, quest for, loudmouth, train, furrow, rubbish, lout, original, chop, toad, brisket, clink, hard life, criticize, plague, scum, traverse, tyke, minger, grotesque, beefsteak, hot dog, dogiron, rebuke, hang back, bird-dog, cur, cross, buck, corn dog, slimeball, cretin, inhibit, deride, red hot, denigrate, species, difficulty, crud, bastard, whelp, cutlet, wienerwurst, mark, sleaze, stick to, cut through, mouse click, shadow, leaper, cock, frank, horror, nark, chump, drop back, boar, get across, go after, embarrass, frump, stray, crumb, mongrel, Canis Familiaris, reprimand, bad luck, scamp, hold back, bull, an apology for something, sleazeball, chuck steak, boor, weenie, bob, suction stop, shack, churl, snake, detent, informer, stinkard, bugger, chuff, buzzard, scuzzball, get behind, wiener, slime, cockerel, dock, a pathetic/poor/sad excuse for something, alpha male, precede, throttle, reject, puppy, parody, schmuck, find fault with, scumbag, bring up against, let down, vermin, give chase, cad, creep, (the) scum of the earth, follow around, doggy, boy, type, dag, firedog, sight, sod, blighter, trouble, poverty, drag, chuck, dirtbag, grass, pup, cut, individual, bullock, trash, rotter, chamfer, cover, put down, Rover, Jekyll and Hyde, louse, reptile, stool pigeon, cut across, disadvantage, drop behind, hag, pooch, hound dog, variety, yob, character, billy goat, rat fink, snitch, Fido, troll, count against, dross, bigmouth, frankfurter, public nuisance, know-all, pass over, pawl, domestic dog, joker, ugly duckling, blackguard, pill
dog (part of speech: noun)
dingo, boarhound, English setter, terrier, German shepherd, beagle, pointer, poodle, boxer, Afghan, setter, wolfhound, whippet, Great Dane, Pekinese, Aberdeen terrier, Irish wolfhound, Cairn terrier, Dalmatian, hound, husky, griffon, Yorkshire terrier, bloodhound, mastiff, chow, greyhound, Pomeranian, collie, French poodle, golden retriever, retriever, Irish setter, foxhound, dachshund, St. Bernard, bull terrier, Labrador retriever, pug, toy poodle, cocker spaniel, basset hound, Scotch terrier, Welsh terrier, Airedale, schnauzer, Siberian wolfhound, spitz, Borzoi, Chihuahua, sheep dog, Samoyed, Doberman pinscher, spaniel, bulldog
pursue (part of speech: verb)
mammal (part of speech: noun)
giraffe, goat, pig, wombat, ermine, gopher, burro, cougar, stag, lynx, deer, cat, horse, mule, wallaby, elk, squirrel, echidna, ocelot, camelopard, possum, panda, mink, jackal, otter, mouse, tiger, ferret, cow, porcupine, donkey, rabbit, kangaroo, polecat, alpaca, gnu, coyote, hog, jaguar, sheep, raccoon, ibex, swine, skunk, cheetah, ass, dromedary, wolf, rat, buffalo, zebra, yak, cavy, elephant, puma, bear, opossum, sloth, chipmunk, mole, shrew, hedgehog, mongoose, bobcat, arctic fox, hare, weasel, ox, marmot, beaver, lemming, hyena, gazelle, antelope, panther, fox, camel, rhinoceros, llama, stoat, reindeer, chinchilla, sable, lion, platypus, caribou, hamster, koala, moose, hippopotamus, bison, leopard
- My dear boy, any dog ought to know the way there. - "A Dear Little Girl at School", Amy E. Blanchard.
- What's that you say, you dog? - "The Progressionists, and Angela.", Conrad von Bolanden.
- Leave your dog outside. - "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.