Definition of dolly:
- A child's mane for a doll.
- A compact, narrow- gauge locomotive used for moving construction trains, switching, etc.
- A contrivance, turning on a vertical axis by a handle or winch, and giving a circular motion to the ore to be washed; a stirrer.
- A small truck with a single wide roller used for moving heavy beams, columns, etc., in bridge building.
- A tool with an indented head for shaping the head of a rivet.
- In pile driving, a block interposed between the head of the pile and the ram of the driver.
- "The Desired Woman", Will N. Harben.
- "The Man Who Could Not Lose", Richard Harding Davis.
- "Our Young Folks at Home and Abroad", Various.