Definition of domestic:
- Articles of home manufacture, especially cotton goods.
- Living in or near the habitations of man; domesticated; tame as distinguished from wild; as, domestic animals.
- Made in one's own house, nation, or country; as, domestic manufactures, wines, etc.
- Of or pertaining to a nation considered as a family or home, or to one's own country; intestine; not foreign; as, foreign wars and domestic dissensions.
- Of or pertaining to one's house or home, or one's household or family; relating to home life; as, domestic concerns, life, duties, cares, happiness, worship, servants.
- One who lives in the family of an other, as hired household assistant; a house servant.
- Remaining much at home; devoted to home duties or pleasures; as, a domestic man or woman.
municipal, roving, husbandly, home, homely, domestic help, national, quiet, sedentary, native, private, tranquil, homemade, tame, homey, house servant, tamed, familial, wild, settled, domesticated, internal, home-loving, homelike, residential, group, housewifely, home-style, kin, unruly, interior, interstate, household.
- "Eighty Years And More; Reminiscences 1815-1897", Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- "History of American Socialisms", John Humphrey Noyes.
- "Story Hour Readings: Seventh Year", E.C. Hartwell.