Definition of dominion:
- A supposed high order of angels; dominations. See Domination, 3.
- Sovereign or supreme authority; the power of governing and controlling; independent right of possession, use, and control; sovereignty; supremacy.
- Superior prominence; predominance; ascendency.
- That which is governed; territory over which authority is exercised; the tract, district, or county, considered as subject; as, the dominions of a king. Also used figuratively; as, the dominion of the passions.
prescript, jurisdiction, principle, district, privilege, seniority, convention, commission, administration, regency, owned, sovereignty, pattern, authorization, rule, command, government, over, empire, ownership, say-so, might, territorial dominion, domination, authority, supremacy, management, mastership, reign, power, territory, linguistic rule, soil, kingdom, nation, dominance, mastery, title, regulation, normal, province, ruler, formula, proprietorship, possession, prerogative, control, anarchy, ascendancy, sway.
arena (part of speech: noun)
- "The Girl Wanted", Nixon Waterman.
- "Mysterious Mr. Sabin", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "The Discovery of Guiana", Sir Walter Raleigh.