Definition of donation:
- That which is given as a present; that which is transferred to another gratuitously; a gift.
- The act of giving or bestowing; a grant.
- The act or contract by which a person voluntarily transfers the title to a thing of which be is the owner, from himself to another, without any consideration, as a free gift.
- gift (part of speech: noun)
- supply (part of speech: noun)
- offer (part of speech: noun)
- "Three Comedies", Björnstjerne M. Björnson Commentator: R. Farquharson Sharp.
Nothing could ever have been due to him, but pay and subsistence for the ten months he was trying to enlist men, and the donation of a year's pay and subsistence; and it is not probable he would wait three years and a half to receive these.- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.
- "Lucretia, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.