Definition of Dor:
- A large European scaraboid beetle ( Geotrupes stercorarius), which makes a droning noise while flying. The name is also applied to allied American species, as the June bug. Called also dorr, dorbeetle, or dorrbeetle, dorbug, dorrfly, and buzzard clock.
- A trick, joke, or deception.
- To make a fool of; to deceive.
- "The Gods of Mars", Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- "The Haskalah Movement in Russia", Jacob S. Raisin.
- "Beowulf An Introduction to the Study of the Poem with a Discussion of the Stories of Offa and Finn", R. W. Chambers.