Definition of dosage :
1. The administration of medicine in doses; specif., a scheme or system of grading doses of medicine according to age, etc.
2. The process of adding some ingredient, as to wine, to give flavor, character, or strength.
- It is quite probable that feeding him pituitary gland extract in the proper dosage would relieve him of his headaches. - "The Glands Regulating Personality", Louis Berman, M.D..
- That would at least have kept our dosage down enough for safety." - "Rip Foster in Ride the Gray Planet", Harold Leland Goodwin.
- The results showed that it was possible to reduce the chlorine dosage to 0. 25 p. - "Chlorination of Water", Joseph Race.