Definition of doubling:
- A turning and winding; as, the doubling of a hunted hare; shift; trick; artifice.
- of Double
- The act of one that doubles; a making double; reduplication; also, that which is doubled.
- The lining of the mantle borne about the shield or escutcheon.
- The process of redistilling spirits, to improve the strength and flavor.
- doubling (part of speech: verb)
- lining (part of speech: noun)
- wrinkling (part of speech: verb)
- duplicating (part of speech: verb)
- "Desperate Remedies", Thomas Hardy.
But in the last passage we are informed, that by doubling the quantity of commodities, although the value of each commodity should be diminished one half, and therefore the value of all the commodities together be precisely the same as before, yet the society would be twice as rich as before.- "On The Principles of Political Economy, and Taxation", David Ricardo.
- "The Value of Money", Benjamin M. Anderson, Jr..