Definition of doubt:
- A fluctuation of mind arising from defect of knowledge or evidence; uncertainty of judgment or mind; unsettled state of opinion concerning the reality of an event, or the truth of an assertion, etc.; hesitation.
- Difficulty expressed or urged for solution; point unsettled; objection.
- Suspicion; fear; apprehension; dread.
- To fill with fear; to affright.
- To question or hold questionable; to withhold assent to; to hesitate to believe, or to be inclined not to believe; to withhold confidence from; to distrust; as, I have heard the story, but I doubt the truth of it.
- To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive of.
- To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive.
- To waver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything; to hesitate in belief; to be undecided as to the truth of the negative or the affirmative proposition; to b e undetermined.
- Uncertainty of condition.
mistrust, ambiguity, motion, head, belief, demur, enquiry, certainly, incertitude, bewilderment, timidity, difficulty, interrogative sentence, certain, doubtfulness, quandary, indecision, scruple, unquestionably, vacillation, suspense, reservation, dubiety, hesitancy, beyond the shadow of a doubt, diffidence, insecurity, ambivalence, conviction, apprehension, dubiousness, interrogation, surmise, irresolution, perplexity, trust, reluctance, misdoubt, precariousness, interrogative, uncertainness, query, inquiry, certain, wavering, bashfulness, surely, question, uncertainty, dilemma.
- disbelief (part of speech: noun)
- indiscrimination (part of speech: noun)
- questioning (part of speech: verb)
- doubt (part of speech: verb)