Definition of dram:
- A minute quantity; a mite.
- A Persian daric.
- A weight; in Apothecaries' weight, one eighth part of an ounce, or sixty grains; in Avoirdupois weight, one sixteenth part of an ounce, or 27. 34375 grains.
- As much spirituous liquor as is usually drunk at once; as, a dram of brandy; hence, a potation or potion; as, a dram of poison.
- To drink drams; to ply with drams.
suspicion, chaser, smell, fluidram, snort, double, dot, bit, snap, molecule, jigger, shade, dash, slug, booze, sip, speck, shadow, iota, scrap, fluid dram, drachma, driblet, grain, smack, smidgen, splash, trace, drachm, fragment, belt, alcohol, big, hint, aperitif, glimmer, shred, particle, spark, drop, trifle, whit, ounce, shot, ingestion, scruple, sprinkling, modicum, streak, soupçon, cup, peanuts, ray, ort, dab, spatter, tot, spot, fluid drachm, tittle, mite, strain, cocktail, ace, lick, tad, jot, minim, touch, skosh, nip, crumb, little, scintilla.
- "The Naval Pioneers of Australia", Louis Becke and Walter Jeffery.
- "Charlotte's Inheritance", M. E. Braddon.
- "The Mystery of a Turkish Bath", E.M. Gollan (AKA Rita).