Definition of dream:
- A visionary scheme; a wild conceit; an idle fancy; a vagary; a revery; - in this sense, applied to an imaginary or anticipated state of happiness; as, a dream of bliss; the dream of his youth.
- The thoughts, or series of thoughts, or imaginary transactions, which occupy the mind during sleep; a sleeping vision.
- To have a dream of; to see, or have a vision of, in sleep, or in idle fancy; - often followed by an objective clause.
- To have ideas or images in the mind while in the state of sleep; to experience sleeping visions; - often with of; as, to dream of a battle, or of an absent friend.
- To let the mind run on in idle revery or vagary; to anticipate vaguely as a coming and happy reality; to have a visionary notion or idea; to imagine.
image, stargaze, ambitiousness, reality, specter, apparition, dreaming, verity, concoct, bubble, impression, thought, inhalation, day-dream, fabricate, hatch, invent, pipe dream, wraith, chimera, castle in the air, figment, reverie, come up with, desire, make up, illusion, phantasma, daydream, ambition, intake, real, purpose, think up, fancy, contrive, trance, hallucination, breathing in, phantasm, romance, rainbow, make, formulate, mirage, nightmare, devise, aspiration, moon, inspiration, ambitiousness, hope, goal, woolgather, cook up, ideal, fiction.