Definition of dream :
1. A visionary scheme; a wild conceit; an idle fancy; a vagary; a revery; - in this sense, applied to an imaginary or anticipated state of happiness; as, a dream of bliss; the dream of his youth.
2. The thoughts, or series of thoughts, or imaginary transactions, which occupy the mind during sleep; a sleeping vision.
3. To have a dream of; to see, or have a vision of, in sleep, or in idle fancy; - often followed by an objective clause.
4. To have ideas or images in the mind while in the state of sleep; to experience sleeping visions; - often with of; as, to dream of a battle, or of an absent friend.
5. To let the mind run on in idle revery or vagary; to anticipate vaguely as a coming and happy reality; to have a visionary notion or idea; to imagine.
apparition, romance, phantasma, reverie, phantasm, come up with, trance, illusion, pipe dream, hatch, verity, devise, impression, nightmare, invent, concoct, hope, figment, image, inhalation, real, fiction, day-dream, stargaze, dreaming, purpose, wraith, intake, rainbow, moon, chimera, contrive, ambitiousness, bubble, formulate, desire, mirage, fabricate, reality, think up, specter, thought, ideal, breathing in, woolgather, aspiration, ambition, make, daydream, make up, inspiration, hallucination, castle in the air, cook up, fancy, goal
imagination (part of speech: noun)