Definition of dredge:
- A mixture of oats and barley.
- Any instrument used to gather or take by dragging; as: ( a) A dragnet for taking up oysters, etc., from their beds. ( b) A dredging machine. ( c) An iron frame, with a fine net attached, used in collecting animals living at the bottom of the sea.
- To catch or gather with a dredge; to deepen with a dredging machine.
- To sift or sprinkle flour, etc., on, as on roasting meat.
- Very fine mineral matter held in suspension in water.
- "A Poetical Cook-Book", Maria J. Moss.
- "Poems of James McIntyre", James McIntyre.
- "School and Home Cooking", Carlotta C. Greer.