Definition of drown:
overcome, overwhelm, overmaster, float, take someone's life, dowse, bedraggle, waterlog, sweep over, brush, deaden, go under, macerate, water-soak, souse, pass away, flush, block out, whelm, dull, cut out, starve, steep, expire, water, mist, full, submerge, die, bump off, submerse, gulf, sodden, lay down your life, lose your life, quieten, perish, quiet, overpower, impregnate, sop, overtake, flood out, mute, muffle, overflow, wet down, swim, wash, breathe your last (breath).
- flood (part of speech: verb)
- kill (part of speech: verb)
- immerse (part of speech: verb)
- "Shan Folk Lore Stories from the Hill and Water Country", William C. Griggs.
- "Tom of the Raiders", Austin Bishop.
- "Macleod of Dare", William Black.