Definition of drowsiness:
- dullness (part of speech: noun)
- weariness (part of speech: noun)
- fatigue (part of speech: noun)
Christian blushed violently, for the boy, in his unconscious way, had referred to a little episode of his illness, when, having exhausted all efforts to soothe him into drowsiness, she had tried her voice, silent for many months- silent since before she had known Dr. Grey.- "Christian's Mistake", Dinah Maria Mulock Craik.
- "The Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- "Here and Hereafter", Barry Pain.