Definition of dry :
1. Characterized by a quality somewhat severe, grave, or hard; hence, sharp; keen; shrewd; quaint; as, a dry tone or manner; dry wit.
2. Destitute of that which interests or amuses; barren; unembellished; jejune; plain.
3. Exhibiting a sharp, frigid preciseness of execution, or the want of a delicate contour in form, and of easy transition in coloring.
4. Free from moisture; having little humidity or none; arid; not wet or moist; deficient in the natural or normal supply of moisture, as rain or fluid of any kind; - said especially: ( a) Of the weather: Free from rain or mist.
5. Of animals: Not giving milk; as, the cow is dry.
6. Of certain morbid conditions, in which there is entire or comparative absence of moisture; as, dry gangrene; dry catarrh.
7. Of persons: Thirsty; needing drink.
8. Of the eyes: Not shedding tears.
9. Of vegetable matter: Free from juices or sap; not succulent; not green; as, dry wood or hay.
10. To evaporate wholly; to be exhaled; - said of moisture, or a liquid; - sometimes with up; as, the stream dries, or dries up.
11. To grow dry; to become free from wetness, moisture, or juice; as, the road dries rapidly.
12. To make dry; to free from water, or from moisture of any kind, and by any means; to exsiccate; as, to dry the eyes; to dry one's tears; the wind dries the earth; to dry a wet cloth; to dry hay.
13. To shrivel or wither; to lose vitality.
droughty, break down, remote, the dry season, baked, weary, run dry, gargle, papery, sterile, moisten, unstimulating, clam up, standoffish, full-bodied, offish, unadorned, waterless, crude, excite, carbonated, acid, dry-shod, unexciting, boil, effervescent, hoarse, buttoned-up, calorific, withered, hilarious, ironic, young, wearying, stuffy, tearless, dried-up, gingivitis, acidulous, athirst, earthbound, sere, stone-cold sober, furry, Adam's apple, plain, cynical, creamy, scorched, shriveled, brush, chilled, fail, bone dry, thirst, biting, jarring, drudging, drinkable, anhydrous, wry, soak, cloud, can, corner, jejune, detached, aloof, flat, sun-baked, sardonic, froth, monochromatic, desert, moistureless, dry out, jading, bite your tongue/lip, clear out, wring, rough, inexperienced, irradiate, tinder-dry, attitude, brut, ponderous, flash-freeze, saturate, matter-of-fact, clean, sour, bake, stale, drear, straighten up, standoff, dampen, cold-eyed, rainproof, dribble, bare, spiritless, unclubbable, cold, moist, corked, evacuate, fall silent, rasping, deserted, on the wagon, shrivelled, bursting, restricted, wet, unsweet, shut up, lackluster, clean up, juiceless, sign/take the pledge, humorous, antisocial, hose, tangy, asocial, wipe up, epiglottis, semiarid, depleted, teetotal, bald, dying of boredom/hunger/thirst etc., pick up after, boil over, unimaginative, weariful, hush, playful, alcoholic, lusterless, straight, distant, comic, squawky, teetotaler, decaffeinated, atomize, solid, tiring, unvarnished, adust, constipated, sunbaked, ironical, squirt, bottle, acetous, black, rainless, tidy, hard, falter, strident, sec, irksome, amusing, prohibited, wild, dust bowl, acerb, treeless, tame, barren, crispy, cure, bubble, agape, sear, pedestrian, drought, priceless, unproductive, scaly, taste, bedwetting, raucous, clear, naive, boil up, waterproof, scratchy, crap, constipation, simple, ho-hum, temperance, aseptic, turn over to, pick up, leaden, sort out, satirical, dry-eyed, unsociable, clean out, prohibitionist, dry up, chewy, freeze, stupid, cream, heavy, egestion, sapless, salty, buttery, unemotional, hysterical, humourous, dried-out, grating, not touch a drop, impassive, flavorless, slow, keep your mouth shut, boil away, caramelized, defecate, old, drab, raspy, hold your tongue, dusty, trivial, uninspired, drained, homogenize, mind-numbing, dried, lifeless, numbing, colorless, bowel movement, stodgy, dehydration, milkless
boring (part of speech: adjective)
dry (part of speech: verb)
dehumidify, vaporize, parched, drain, desiccate, suck dry, catheterize, saharan, stanch, arid, parch, empty, mop, desiccated, wring out, wipe, pump out, wither, evaporate, blot, thirsty, swab, dehydrate
ascetic (part of speech: adjective)
severe (part of speech: adjective)
demanding, rigid, austere, grim, harsh, rigorous, brusque, exacting, uncompromising, precise, curt, piquant, correct, brisk, chilly, obstinate, imperial, stiff-necked, bleak, obdurate, disciplined, cutting, spare, stringent, icy, blunt, caustic, censorious, lean, cool, tart, frosty, basic, acute, sharp, ascetic, acerbic, inflexible, raw, astringent, prudish, meticulous, severe, fundamental, Spartan, Draconian, hidebound, acrimonious, unbending, intolerant, puritanical, oppressive, keen, critical, authoritarian, short, abrupt, strict, stern, relentless, stark, intense, crisp, gruff, strait-laced, dour
witty (part of speech: adjective)
funny, deft, comical, smart, cunning, jocular, canny, inventive, resourceful, scintillating, quick-witted, sophisticated, ingenious, wily, intelligent, joking, brilliant, astute, droll, shrewd, sly, facetious, sarcastic, waggish, pithy, witty, sparkling, subtle, tricky, crafty, pointed, urbane, scurrilous, quick, artful, clever, foxy, adroit
sober (part of speech: adjective)