Definition of dull:
- Furnishing little delight, spirit, or variety; uninteresting; tedious; cheerless; gloomy; melancholy; depressing; as, a dull story or sermon; a dull occupation or period; hence, cloudy; overcast; as, a dull day.
- Heavy; gross; cloggy; insensible; spiritless; lifeless; inert.
- Insensible; unfeeling.
- Not bright or clear to the eye; wanting in liveliness of color or luster; not vivid; obscure; dim; as, a dull fire or lamp; a dull red or yellow; a dull mirror.
- Not keen in edge or point; lacking sharpness; blunt.
- Slow in action; sluggish; unready; awkward.
- Slow of understanding; wanting readiness of apprehension; stupid; doltish; blockish.
- To become dull or stupid.
- To deprive of liveliness or activity; to render heavy; to make inert; to depress; to weary; to sadden.
- To deprive of sharpness of edge or point.
- To make dull, stupid, or sluggish; to stupefy, as the senses, the feelings, the perceptions, and the like.
- To render dim or obscure; to sully; to tarnish.
dim-witted, dorky, ancient, bloodless, depressed, dunderheaded, lamebrain, broken, break, washy, uneconomic, clouded, moisten, half-witted, empty-headed, wistful, monochromatic, feelings, mat, soft, matted, jade, speechless, inert, common, fascinating, windy, heavy, dusty, low-pitched, subdued, two-edged, awareness, blunted, chapped, gray, non compos mentis, boring, dulled, thickheaded, vapid, dark, loss-making, shallow, blue, scare, unintelligent, simple, cut out, melancholic, stale, dismal, imbecilic, idiotic, deadening, flat, mindless, sordid, softened, leaden, skew, unimaginative, excite, dirty, hazed, color, dreary, catch, attitude, banal, slow, colorful, retarded, ho-hum, blockheaded, jejune, stimulating, frighten off, witty, silly, see, bleak, archaic, unhealthy, monotonous, dense, decide, square, dimmed, earthbound, plangent, tardy, shadowy, desiccated, lead to, wearisome, unsharpened, gradual, matte, pall, block out, backward, tame, drudging, stifle, edgeless, pedestrian, uninspired, aseptic, hazy, dawdling, silent, irksome, damp, unreverberant, even, nonprofit, softheaded, gentle, accustomed, crippling, murky, gormless, addled, blunt, tiring, chuckleheaded, vague, soggy, lively, Grey, deadened, ignorant, muddy, burning, agonising, desiccate, bonehead, spiritless, placid, vacuous, dusky, smother, out-of-date, humdrum, happy, pinheaded, hushed, weak, dumb, uninteresting, left-handed, hollow, downhearted, depressed, impenetrable, daunt, dun, razor-sharp, barren, wordy, ability, rusty, stir, lusterless, slow-witted, quieten, usual, deep, airheaded, obtuse, razor-edged, jading, tone down, dysphoric, cloudy, lumpy, procrastinating, overclouded, downcast, well-known, poky, trivial, fatiguing, down, strangle, angry, dim, spiritless, moderate, repress, stolid, old, scatterbrained, down, simple-minded, black, drab, trite, brain-dead, sooty, low, sterile, agonizing, unprofitable, worn-out, uncomprehending, pastel, repetitious, pack a punch, platitudinous, grip, inactive, opaque, routine, wooden, underfunded, cirrus, thudding, stodgy, die, stock, round, wash, deliberate, barbed, bubbleheaded, bad, stereotypical, plodding, conventional, lackluster, active, double-edged, melancholy, sulky, thick, scare away, washed-out, desiccate, tristful, stereotyped, nonresonant, unhappy, benumb, witless, prolix, quiescent, anesthetic, desolate, unvarying, matter-of-fact, muted, cirrocumulus, dilatory, stuffy, repetitive, weariful, well-worn, dejected, grave, sharp, verbose, mind-numbing, regular, cumulonimbus, tiresome, brainless, insensitive, cloy, low, lacklustre, thumping, unsaturated, drear, unresponsive, cumulus, antediluvian, achy, column, influence, delaying, feeble-minded, tedious, muffle, sad, obscure, bass, blind, inky, fatuous, acute, knuckleheaded, chronic, numb, abused, scare off, uneconomical, ordinary, plain, lingering, frighten away, cirrostratus, insensate, long-winded, increase, give, oafish, bank, flavorless, matt, turned, muffled, arid, heavy-hearted, pitchy, stagnant, billow, light, cloud, colors, familiar, weak-minded, dispirited, beclouded, uneventful, birdbrained, lustreless, stuporous, quick, lunkheaded, resonant, grimy, wan, wearing, become flat, bright, not-for-profit, drown, purblind, wearying, unexciting, sluggish, sober, unsmart, off, moronic, hoary, mute, stupid, untapped, prosy, dimwitted, bland, hackneyed, lowering, deadly, bovine, exciting, keen, boneheaded, serrated, uninspiring, dash, slack, wispy, weighted, numbing, dampen, used.
- grayness (part of speech: noun)
- lethargic (part of speech: adjective)
- bore (part of speech: verb)
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- blunt (part of speech: verb)
- gray (part of speech: adjective)
- disable (part of speech: verb)
- boring (part of speech: adjective)
- numb (part of speech: verb)
- colorless (part of speech: adjective)
- quiet (part of speech: verb)
- senseless (part of speech: adjective)
- non-resonant (part of speech: adjective)
- "Minstrelsy of the Scottish border (3rd ed) (1 of 3)", Walter Scott.
- "The Squire's Daughter", Silas K(itto) Hocking.
- "Admiral Farragut", A. T. Mahan.