Definition of dun:
- A mound or small hill.
- An urgent request or demand of payment; as, he sent his debtor a dun.
- Of a dark color; of a color partaking of a brown and black; of a dull brown color; swarthy.
- One who duns; a dunner.
- To ask or beset, as a debtor, for payment; to urge importunately.
- To cure, as codfish, in a particular manner, by laying them, after salting, in a pile in a dark place, covered with salt grass or some like substance.
blue, berate, reproof, blast, fawn, fox, ultimatum, lambast, importunity, remonstrate, chafe, annoy, get at, baby-blue, taunt, bilk, black, beg, bedevil, rack, demand, twit, request, rag, requisition, claim, nettle, ask for, amber, have words, crucify, grayish brown, bait, subdue, irritate, scotch, trounce, spoil, order, invite, thwart, bawl out, cod, plead, appeal, scold, befuddle, dress down, avocado, chew out, devil, chromatic, call on the carpet, chew up, discombobulate, razz, torture, chide, savage, call down, bluish, rally, alabaster, gravel, tantalize, rebuke, ride, dull, reprimand, lecture, confound, confuse, insist on something, torment, pillory, lambaste, jaw, rile, sallow, azure, beige, vex, throw, baffle, excruciate, foil, fuddle, greyish brown, amethyst, cross, tantalise, nark, tease, take to task, frustrate, get to, bother, mortify.
- "Letters of Major Jack Downing, of the Downingville Militia", Seba Smith.
- "The Great Hunger", Johan Bojer.
- "Richard Carvel, Complete", Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 5, 2009.