Definition of dust:
- A single particle of earth or other matter.
- Coined money; cash.
- Figuratively, a low or mean condition.
- Figuratively, a worthless thing.
- Fine, dry particles of earth or other matter, so comminuted that they may be raised and wafted by the wind; that which is crumbled too minute portions; fine powder; as, clouds of dust; bone dust.
- The earth, as the resting place of the dead.
- The earthy remains of bodies once alive; the remains of the human body.
- To free from dust; to brush, wipe, or sweep away dust from; as, to dust a table or a floor.
- To reduce to a fine powder; to levigate.
- To sprinkle with dust.
cinders, hint, broadcast, system, granules, rubbish, disseminate, circulate, riffraff, flakes, splosh, fraction, piece, dispel, soot, carpet, besprinkle, trunk, varnish, clay, sample, clean, pitter-patter, tile, plaster, circularise, clear out, offal, filings, patter, house moss, sort out, ice, detritus, land, grunge, offscouring, diffuse, clod, soil, constellate, brush, smut, Mormon rain, strike, waste, break up, a bit, truck, carcass, clean out, cement, junk, powder, scum, muck, earth, pick up, mess, remains, sand, a little, refuse, loess, debris, plate, distribute, litter, corpse, spatter, filth, alluvium, bit, loam, scrap, terra firma, effluvium, scatter, trace, dross, particles, dreck, ground, powder, splash, taster, fragment, sprinkle, straighten up, chaff, spread, stud, dissipate, wax, disperse, dot, tidy, raffle, spread out, sparge, dirt, form, circularize, mud, body, deadwood, spilth, ashes, propagate, frame, board over, spit, pick up after, murk, grit, trash, pass around, rubble, grime, paper, clean up, lint.
- "A Rambler's lease", Bradford Torrey.
- "Red Pepper Burns", Grace S. Richmond.
- "The Flockmaster of Poison Creek", George W. Ogden.