Definition of dutiful:
- Controlled by, proceeding from, a sense of duty; respectful; deferential; as, dutiful affection.
- Performing, or ready to perform, the duties required by one who has the right to claim submission, obedience, or deference; submissive to natural or legal superiors; obedient, as to parents or superiors; as, a dutiful son or daughter; a dutiful ward or servant; a dutiful subject.
- pious (part of speech: adjective)
- servile (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Chautauqua Girls At Home", Pansy, AKA Isabella M. Alden.
- "Story of My Life, volumes 1-3", Augustus J. C. Hare.
- "Richard Carvel, Complete", Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 5, 2009.