Definition of dying :
1. In the act of dying; destined to death; mortal; perishable; as, dying bodies.
2. Of or pertaining to dying or death; as, dying bed; dying day; dying words; also, simulating a dying state.
3. The act of expiring; passage from life to death; loss of life.
fading, sick, death, overripe, booked, immortal, destruction, terminal, last, vanishing, anxious, going, end, expiry, recessive, enduring, failing, superannuated, moribund, decaying, fated, doomed, living, decease, done for, demise, eternal, growing, decadent, sinking, neglected
coloring (part of speech: verb)
ending (part of speech: verb)
ending, wrapping up, halting, expiring, stopping, completing, accomplishing, finalizing, concluding, capping, finishing, checkmating, culminating, ceasing, passing on, terminating, winding up, closing, passing away, exiting, deceasing
dying (part of speech: verb)
- You said he was dying. - "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- I'm too unhappy to be afraid of dying- for my own sake. - "The Guests Of Hercules", C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson.
- Julie, I am dying. - "Lady Rose's Daughter", Mrs. Humphry Ward.