Definition of earth :
1. A hole in the ground, where an animal hides himself; as, the earth of a fox.
2. A part of this globe; a region; a country; land.
3. A plowing.
4. A similar oxide, having a slight alkaline reaction, as lime, magnesia, strontia, baryta.
5. Any earthy- looking metallic oxide, as alumina, glucina, zirconia, yttria, and thoria.
6. The connection of any part an electric conductor with the ground; specif., the connection of a telegraph line with the ground through a fault or otherwise.
7. The globe or planet which we inhabit; the world, in distinction from the sun, moon, or stars. Also, this world as the dwelling place of mortals, in distinction from the dwelling place of spirits.
8. The people on the globe.
9. The softer inorganic matter composing part of the surface of the globe, in distinction from the firm rock; soil of all kinds, including gravel, clay, loam, and the like; sometimes, soil favorable to the growth of plants; the visible surface of the globe; the ground; as, loose earth; rich earth.
10. The solid materials which make up the globe, in distinction from the air or water; the dry land.
11. To burrow.
12. To cover with earth or mold; to inter; to bury; - sometimes with up.
13. To hide, or cause to hide, in the earth; to chase into a burrow or den.
14. Worldly things, as opposed to spiritual things; the pursuits, interests, and allurements of this life.
populace, dark matter, acres, surface, body politic, worldly concern, estate, circuit breaker, diaphragm, the planet, realm, black hole, conduit, the Big Dipper, ball, reason, kingdom, clay, deposit, nest, wad, boodle, circuitry, sphere, flat coat, clod, public, cluster, culture, the earth, res publica, cosmic dust, humans, humankind, celestial object, lair, rabbit warren, man, orb, basis, farming, anode, reality, asteroid, be sensible, packet, place, mold, background, Homo sapiens, solid ground, priming, bedding, primer coat, subsoil, human race, terrain, turf, domain, undercoat, compost, gravel, antimatter, the world, king's ransom, earthly concern, flesh, mud, grit, primer, awake, megabucks, bundle, dirt, calm down, contact, macrocosm, loam, circuit board, habitat, bomb, the globe, quit dreaming, state, comet, constellation, den, humanity, footing, coil, human beings, fill, Mother Earth, lodge, burrow, demesne, muck, dust, big bucks, alluvium, existence, landed estate, commonwealth, circuit, mankind, molehill, cathode, priming coat, dry land, mint, nation, sand, pile, country
land (part of speech: noun)
universe (part of speech: noun)