Definition of earth:
- A hole in the ground, where an animal hides himself; as, the earth of a fox.
- A part of this globe; a region; a country; land.
- A plowing.
- A similar oxide, having a slight alkaline reaction, as lime, magnesia, strontia, baryta.
- Any earthy- looking metallic oxide, as alumina, glucina, zirconia, yttria, and thoria.
- The connection of any part an electric conductor with the ground; specif., the connection of a telegraph line with the ground through a fault or otherwise.
- The globe or planet which we inhabit; the world, in distinction from the sun, moon, or stars. Also, this world as the dwelling place of mortals, in distinction from the dwelling place of spirits.
- The people on the globe.
- The softer inorganic matter composing part of the surface of the globe, in distinction from the firm rock; soil of all kinds, including gravel, clay, loam, and the like; sometimes, soil favorable to the growth of plants; the visible surface of the globe; the ground; as, loose earth; rich earth.
- The solid materials which make up the globe, in distinction from the air or water; the dry land.
- To burrow.
- To cover with earth or mold; to inter; to bury; - sometimes with up.
- To hide, or cause to hide, in the earth; to chase into a burrow or den.
- Worldly things, as opposed to spiritual things; the pursuits, interests, and allurements of this life.
primer, coil, existence, farming, circuitry, grit, bundle, estate, diaphragm, background, dry land, reason, flesh, undercoat, commonwealth, terrain, solid ground, mint, cathode, populace, globe, earthly concern, Homo sapiens, boodle, dust, cluster, landed estate, man, priming coat, turf, ground, constellation, subsoil, domain, body politic, mud, dirt, realm, anode, habitat, country, wad, humanity, celestial object, conduit, contact, muck, basis, human beings, reality, the planet, Mother Earth, calm down, deposit, humans, loam, quit dreaming, lair, comet, the globe, sand, clod, clay, worldly concern, rabbit warren, footing, primer coat, molehill, dark matter, pile, surface, gravel, circuit breaker, big bucks, burrow, sphere, asteroid, state, culture, flat coat, public, humankind, cosmic dust, packet, compost, mankind, acres, bomb, priming, den, world, the Big Dipper, orb, fill, res publica, demesne, megabucks, circuit board, bedding, human race, alluvium, kingdom, nest, mold, king's ransom, antimatter, awake, lodge, black hole, place, be sensible, ball, the earth, macrocosm, the world, nation, circuit.