Definition of eat:
- of Eat.
- To chew and swallow as food; to devour; - said especially of food not liquid; as, to eat bread.
- To corrode, as metal, by rust; to consume the flesh, as a cancer; to waste or wear away; to destroy gradually; to cause to disappear.
- To make one's way slowly.
- To take food; to feed; especially, to take solid, in distinction from liquid, food; to board.
- To taste or relish; as, it eats like tender beef.
down, munch, starve, deplete, put away, nark, destroy, wipe out, rile, victual, tire, melt, burn, put down, nettle, ware, crunch, feed in, exasperate, use up, dispose of, wear away, gall, take in, digest, irk, run through, eliminate, occupy, wear, dissipate, rasp, persecute, chow down, chafe, discharge, choke down, polish off, sweep away, work through, grate, eat on, rust, bother, annoy, finish, dig in, banquet, tuck, savor, browse, drain, go through, ingestion, ravage, squander, expel, fast, dissolve, wash up, erode, discuss, try, tucker out, peeve, sap, dispatch, corrode, eat up, masticate, eject, graze, swallow up, overeat, bury, kill, immerse, flow, ruminate, aggravate, chow, cram, give, fret, gorge, help, partake, carry off, decimate, cannibalize, gripe, feed on, extinguish, hack, peck at, play out, increase, fall to, beat, run, ruffle, glut, eradicate, frost, bolt, chew, swell, fool away, waste, chomp, erase, vex, prey, spite, gnaw, eat out of house and home, pick, worry, tucker, live on, manage, put out, annihilate, course, attack, refresh, disturb, fertilize, fare, exhaust, have, feast on, bug, run down, touch, pique, consume, itch, demolish, release, cancel out, champ, fertilise, nibble, obliterate, batten.
- eat (part of speech: verb)
- receive (part of speech: verb)