Definition of economical:
- Managed with frugality; not marked with waste or extravagance; frugal; - said of acts; saving; as, an economical use of money or of time.
- Managing with frugality; guarding against waste or unnecessary expense; careful and frugal in management and in expenditure; - said of character or habits.
- Pertaining to the household; domestic.
- Regulative; relating to the adaptation of means to an end.
- Relating to domestic economy, or to the management of household affairs.
- Relating to the means of living, or the resources and wealth of a country; relating to political economy; as, economic purposes; economical truths.
close, tight, careful, frugal, niggardly, economic, closefisted, saving, watchful, conservative, provident, low-cost, meager, generous, penny-pinching, stinting, liberal, mean, save, fair, efficient, circumspect, scotch, miserly, shabby, practical, avaricious, sparing, canny, sound, chary, penurious, thrifty.
- cheap (part of speech: adjective)
- economical (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines", T. H. Pardo de Tavera.
- "The Vultures", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.