Definition of education:
- The act or process of educating; the result of educating, as determined by the knowledge skill, or discipline of character, acquired; also, the act or process of training by a prescribed or customary course of study or discipline; as, an education for the bar or the pulpit; he has finished his education.
nurture, discipline, fostering, fosterage, brainwashing, statement, training, facts of life, preparation, pedagogics, procreation, background, science, catechism, department of education, gentility, raising, direction, tutoring, upbringing, pedagogy, breeding, culture, Education Department, reproduction, program line, genteelness, commandment, cultivation, rearing, didactics, bringing up, writing, development, literacy, finish, educational activity, tuition, precept, teaching method, teach, grooming, indoctrination, command, study.
- education (part of speech: noun)
- learning (part of speech: noun)
- knowledge (part of speech: noun)
- "From the Housetops", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "Together", Robert Herrick (1868-1938).
- "John March, Southerner", George W. Cable.